Information and help for teachers.
While teachers are here onsite, there’s space to observe, participate and come alongside pupils as our team lead through activities. One local school books in 3 weeks of transition activities for new Year 7 pupils since it bonds students, smoothes transition, and gives teachers a deeper understanding of their cohort better than anything else.
There are many examples of good teaching practice in many different environments. We hope and expect our team to embody and role model our ethos and approach.
However, we also offer support and resources to teachers and schools outside of their time at Ringsfield Hall:
- Providing resources and materials to further embed residential learning back in school
- Delivering programmes on site for schools,
- Consultancy work, modelling playwork or participatory outdoor approaches for school staff
- Inset training for outdoor education in school or on site
Ringsfield Hall, Hall Road, Beccles, Suffolk, NR34 8JR UK Reg. Charity 1093404, Charitable Co. 4222560
We also partner with Mantle of the Expert, who host many of their training residentials at Ringsfield Hall. If you've not come across this inspiring and innovative approach to teaching and learning, we can wholeheartedly recommend Tim Taylor's recently published book:
Download: Ringsfield Hall Floor Plans.pdf
Download: Behaviour Management Policy 17.pdf
Download: Safety at Ringsfield Hall EcoActivity Centre.pdf
Download: Food Allergies Policy Oct-17.pdf
Download: Allergen Details Form.docx
Download: Ringsfield Hall EcoActivity Centre Site Risk Assessment (Nov 2017).pdf
Download: Ethical Sourcing Policy 2016.pdf
Please do also have a look at the 'Behaviour Management Policy' and 'Safety at Ringsfield Hall' document above to get a further idea about roles and expectations in specific circumstances.
* Offer encouragement, clarify ideas and ask open questions
* Listen to the children's ideas and help them act on them
* Encourage the children to question and explore, observe and talk about the surroundings, environment and resources
* Help children to cooperate and share
* Play alongside the children and make it fun!
* Observe their interactions with one another
* Observe their awareness of space, themselves, and others
* Observe their use of language and communication skills
* Support individual children whilst recognising the needs of the group.
Download: Safeguarding & Child Protection Policy 2017 (review September 2018).doc.pdf
Download: Ringsfield Hall School Kit List.gdoc
Download: Ringsfield Hall Example Time Table.gdoc